Wednesday, August 6, 2008

He gives showers of rain to men.

Ok, so Sunday I think it was, I basically prayed, "God you know I'm really low on money and its crunchtime. I really need a job this week. Please let me get one this week." I really didn't care what it was. I just needed something. So Monday I started applying like crazy to everywhere and everything. I filled out applications to 3 Barnes and Nobles, Dollar Tree, Win Dixie, Mc Donalds, Burger King, Wendys; I was waiting for an application for a job detailing cars in the hot Florida sun, and I was in the process of Steak and Shake when Nana happened upon a "Grand Opening" add in a coupon magazine for Primo's- a coffee shop that is 5 mins away from the house. So I thought "since they just opened they might need more people to work there." I called and asked. They needed a morning shift. I was so excited I didn't even finish the Steak and Shake application. I drove down there and filled out an application. Then they asked me a few questions and showed me around the place. They asked if I could start training tomorrow at 10! Woohoo.

Just in case you don't know, this is exactly the kind of job that I've been wanting since I moved down here. A small local coffee shop. I didn't really care about distance just as long as it paid enough for me to make a little money. And now after I actually prayed about more than just a little, but actually truly meaning that I really wanted a job I get one. Imagine that. God answers not when we want to ask, but when we actually do ask. Ha. What a concept- actually asking!

Even though this is kinda just preliminary training, I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it. God has taught me a lot through this kind of "have to have patience and grow" kind of thing. Its really hard to explain how my attitude about slow points in life has completely changed since I've been here, but it has and God has shown me not only that I need to trust him more, but HOW to trust him more while I'm on my own without anyone there to nudge me in the right direction. I'm still far from the plumb line though, but at least I see how God straightens my wall in ways that I can't.

13Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that
city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." 14Why, you do not
even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that
appears for a little while and then vanishes.

Sometimes in the process from A to B, you happen upon A.7 to find your really going to B.5. So all I can say is hold your plans loosely. You never know what's coming. I gotta sleep...

2 comments:

artisticace'smom said...

Congrats on getting the job, that is awesome. I hope you have a great time serving others.
Take care,
Laura

Anonymous said...

Yey!!!
Coffe Job!!!
that rocks, I hope you have fun.