Monday, June 23, 2008

Yep, I Dooed It

Well, for those of you who don't know, I had a job. The job was packing boxes at Bacardi. I would pull a pallet to the line, unpack the pallet, unpack the boxes in the pallet, and pack them in a nicer box. It doesn't sound like much, but its a lot of work to be doing for ten hours a day. And the whole time I was being yelled at to go faster when I was already going as fast as I could. The main thing is (and many would agree) that the job should pay at least 13 dollars an hour, but it only pays 8.50. So I'm through with that, and looking at my other options.

As far as paying for school, the Air National Guard is starting to look pretty good right now. They pay for all of your school plus give you a small monthly check to help with living expenses. They give you this and more for going through basic training and then 1 weekend a month and a couple of full weeks during the year. Pretty good deal huh?

No comments: