Monday, February 25, 2008

We Held Hands Once

This weekend was pretty much amazing. (Betcha didn't see that coming;) As evidanced by me whining so much lately, for a while I fell away from anything that had to do with God. Though I wanted to get back, for some reason it was hard to make myself to. Eventhough I wanted to, just wanting to do something isn't the same as doing it. On Thursday, I payed and asked God just to bring me back to where I needed to be with him. I mean, I haven't been at church much lately because of my job, and I just never really read my bible because I got "tired" of it or something. Then praying was down to "God please don't let this guy have a knife or be on PCP." or something like that.
Friday, I actually started doing something about it. I started reading Romans again, and I talked to Matt about some things. Saturday was the best. I can't remember if I've wrote about it on here or not, but a guy named Billy started a band. I'm playing bass, Billy's singing, matt's playing guitar, and a guy named David is playing drums. The first "wow" part about this whole thing is how it started...
Someone told me that they needed a bass player for a ministry that just got started, so "show up tomorrow night and I'm sure they can use you." They already had a bass player, and didn't really need another singer. But when I met Billy, he asked me, "hey Jeremy, what do you want to do with your bass playing?" I said something along the lines of "whatever it takes to use it for God."
Billy: "Well, before I was a christian I used to sing in a local band and we do tours and stuff like that. But I haven't done that in a while and I'd like to get back into it, but only use it for God this time. Do you want to do that with me?"
Me: "I've been looking to do something like this for a while. I know someone who is pretty good on guitar."
And Billy said he'd find a drummer and all of the equipment we'd need and stuff. A few weeks later, Billy found an amazing deal on a sound system big enough to play in a room about the size of the church sanctuary with. (when all he was looking for was a small PA that we could pratice with). We decided to meet Saturday so everyone could meet each other and stuff. And maybe we could work on a song or something.
Saturday, Billy's garage was a wall of mid 80's JBL speakers (if you don't know speakers, JBL is the one of the best) with a 16 channel sound board and more than enough watts in amps to kill an army with (ok, maybe that's an exaggeration but it was still a lot). We listened to a couple of songs that half of us haven't heard before and just started playing. And it ROCKED! (Meaning it sounded good) All I could keep thinking was "Wow God you're amazing!" That's the first time in almost 3 years now that I've felt that feeling that God is completely there making me happy shocking and aweing me at the same time. Something big already has and is going to happen. Billy knows it. I know it. Matt knows it. And though he hasn't said much, I'm pretty sure David knows it too. We pretty much already have a pretty big gig lined up for this summer, and if that's all we do it will all be worth it. God is amazing. And eventhough I'm probably manic depressive or something, life is amazing. Love is amazing. Love one to love all.
Just pray that whatever it is, God would have us prepared.

No comments: